Sunday 7 September 2014

Leamington to Wendover

I completed a training ride from Leamington Spa to my sister's house in Wendover, Bucks.  I departed soon after first light and completed a total of 65 miles in five and half hours elapsed time at a moving average of 14.1 mph.  When I arrived, the weather was warm so I had a swim in my sister's outdoor pool.  Not quite an ice bath, but cool all the same!


An early morning view of the Grand Union Canal near Stockton
A thatched Oak Tree resting point at East Claydon


The Google Maps cycle route was great, including riding across grassy parkland in Aylesbury.  Top tip: if Google plans alternate routes, GPS Visualiser will arbitrarily pick up the first of them and I could find no way to choose which to save as a route.  To avoid this, add an interim destination to force Google to plan just one route (which GPS Visualiser will output as two parts).


No comments:

Post a Comment